A credit card is required to be kept on file for all of your nutrition visit (s). There are FOUR scenarios your credit card will be charged:
1. You failed to verify your health insurance PRIOR to your visit and you do not have nutrition coverage. Therefore, your health insurance carrier rejected the claim submitted. You are therefore liable for the full amount of the visit which is $180.00.
2. You canceled your visit WITHOUT providing at least a 24-hour notice. Your card will be charged $180.00 if it was an initial visit or $80.00 if it was a scheduled follow-up visit.
Note: Ben’s scheduling system will allow YOU to electronically cancel and/or reschedule your visit on your own up to 24 hours prior to your visit using the link you received via email. You can do this by clicking on the “View Appointment Details.”
3. You did not show up for your scheduled nutrition visit. You will be charged $180.00 if it was an initial visit and $80.00 if it was a follow-up.
4. Your insurance company informs us you have a co-pay, deductible, or co-insurance applicable to your visit. Your card on file will be run in the amount your insurance company dictates is your responsibility.
So — if you verify your health insurance, show up for your nutrition visit on time and don’t have an applicable co-pay, co-insurance or deductible – there is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY no charge for your nutrition visit providing you have nutrition coverage.
The above scenarios are the ONLY instances in which the card you provide will be charged.
Here are our communication guidelines:
1. I agree to reach out to Your Diabetes Insider RDs to schedule or re-schedule appointments and only contact my dietitian for nutrition matters.
2. I understand that voicemail is checked once every 24 hours Monday through Saturday. Voicemail and e-mail are NOT checked on Sunday.
3. I will use e-mail for concise communication of administrative issues such as rescheduling an appointment only.
4. I will not use e-mail to discuss the course of treatment and/or diet planning. If I have a question about the course of my care, I need to schedule a session with Your Diabetes Insider RDs through their scheduling system, phone, or email. They have the discretion to address the questions received or wait until the next appointment or schedule an earlier session than agreed upon during correspondence.
5. I agree that I will cancel or re-schedule my appointments no later than 24 business hours in advance. If I am unable to do that I agree to pay for the missed/canceled or re-scheduled appointment.
PATIENTS USING INSURANCE:
I understand I am responsible for knowing how my insurance policy works and for presenting any necessary referrals or other documents to my healthcare provider. I am responsible for all co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles at the time of service. I am responsible for all costs of services provided if a valid referral from my doctor is needed, but not provided to Your Diabetes Insider RDs, my insurance policy is not in effect, or if Your Diabetes Insider RDs do not participate with my insurance. Payment is expected in full at the time of the visits.
I authorize the credit card on file to be charged for any co-pays and deductibles that may be applicable to my insurance policy.
I authorize the release of medical information necessary to process insurance claims to insurance companies or their agencies for the purposes of filing and payment of medical claims. I authorize payment of medical benefits to the provider. I permit a copy of this release to be used in place of the original.
Initial appointments last up to 60 minutes and follow-up appointments are 30 minutes. Your Diabetes Insider RDs value your time and theirs. Initial appointments missed or canceled with less than 24 hours notice will be subject to a $180 cancellation fee. Follow-up visits missed or canceled with less than 24 hours notice will be subject to an $80.00 cancellation fee.